Thursday, December 6, 2007



Have you ever noticed that some days just really suck? Today is really trying hard to be one of those days. It started out fine. In fact, parts of it were really pretty terrific. But THEN...well let's just say people are REALLY pissing me off and I am TRYING to be nice.

I gotta ask myself..."are there really somethings I just don't think people should do?" Are there some boundaries I think should not be violated? I resent the fact that my answer is in the affirmative. I really want to be able to say that I am a little more resistant to other people's bullshit than I seem to be. So the consequence is that I will have to wait and see how well I delay what seems like an inevitable confrontation with the fact that I am dealing with what has been referred to as "douchbaggary".

I have learned that permanence is a luxury. It is rare and very expensive. Sometimes it is much better to accept what is functional and in this case it is a clear recognition that because somethings will NOT change...other things will have to.

Tonight's exercise in narcissism is brought to you by my decision to use this forum to explore my personal process and a house full of people who seem to think that my reaction to their behavior is very different than it really is.

Stay tuned...fireworks are always a possibility and a lot more likely to be entertaining that the smoldering going on right now.

No comments: